Friday, October 8, 2010

Court Decision: Hines v Thaler (TX, 2010)

I'm trying to catch up with the back load of files sent to me by others while I was traveling "down under."  Today I am posting, without comment, information regarding the Hines v Thaler (TX, 2010) Atkins case.  Thanks again to Kevin Foley for sending me these files.

The case was
initially referred to the federal magistrate judge who held a hearing and issued his own opinion.  Hines objected to the magistrates findings, which meant that the district court judge had to resolve the matter. He did, and his opinion was released on Aug. 18,2010 (I don't seem to have a copy anymore - if anyone does, please send so I can add).    Vol 1 and Vol 2 of the court transcripts have also been posted for those who want to read in more detail.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,