Saturday, November 27, 2010

Visual-graphic of how to develop psychological measures of constructs

I found this figure, which I had developed a few years ago for a specific grant process (thus the scratched out box that is not relevant to this post), which summarizes in a single figure the accepted/recommended approach to developing and validating tests. In simple terms, one starts with the specification of the theoretical domain construct(s) of interest, then examines the measurement domain for possible types of tests to operationalize the constructs, and then one develops and scales the test items (optimally using IRT scaling methods) Very basic. Thought I would share---I love visual-graphic explanations.

Double click on image to enlarge





- iPost using BlogPress from my Kevin McGrew's iPad